The laboratory is based at The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and operates within the Pharmacy Production and Quality Control Unit under the Newcastle Specials Brand.
We are inspected by the MHRA and are fully compliant with GLP. We design and conduct stability studies on a wide range of pharmaceutical formulation types for both the Pharmacy Production Unit but also on a contract basis for external customers. We have experience in formulating and testing;
- Non Sterile – creams, ointments, suspensions, solutions, medicated lollypops, powder filling.
- Aseptic Manufactured products
- Large and Small Volume Terminally Sterilised
- Aseptically manufactured eye drops
- Sterile and non-sterile clinical trials
- Digital medicines
We have an onsite manufacturing facility which has both an MHRA Specials Licence and MIA(IMP) authorisation, this can facilitate manufacture of a wide range of product types for subsequent stability studies.
David Caulfield, Trust Quality Controller
Caroline Campbell, Laboratory Manager:
Tel: 0191 2820920